Friday 9 July 2010

A good news story to round off the week

An ancient Chinese proverb tells us that with patience a mulberry leaf eventually becomes a silk gown.....

Rowallane Gardens is one of our favourite places and their patience with a tree has finally paid off. Here's the story from BBC News N.I

Have a great weekend everyone. For us this is the time of the Marching bands and 'celebrating' the 12th - you know all that Battle of the Boyne stuff. I'm more interested in the beach and the allotment personally. If it isn't one it's the other that can boost my soul :)

We were at the beach last night in fact and what do ya know, loads of the weeds we've been pulling are growing there are little plants everywhere - we must have got loads of seeds in our seaweed mulch from the autumn - ggrrrrr! (looks okay there, but not in my veg beds!)

hugs xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's an extremely super rare plant then! Far out! I'd be too scared to even look at it for fear that it might drop dead from the attention! :o

    Have a great time over the weekend, you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's very shy but it has been taken away from China and it's mommy and plonked in N. Ireland. Probably never had a choice in the matter and hadn't even heard of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now I really feel that I need to work on patience in my garden. 91 years! Are you going to go see that rare and precious flower, Carrie?

    Enjoy your celebrations, dear friend! I have no idea what the Battle of the Boyne is. Time to go do a google search...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x