Thursday 30 July 2009

Show off

I have been shaking and panicking all day today and therefore exhausted and utterly depressed. I also haven't slept properly for weeks and thus slept, rather uncomfortably and fitfully on the sofa most of the afternoon (I still had my glasses on whilst in the land of nod~ sore nose). So you may gather that I am not in the mood to write a bloggette today but I am in the mood to boast.
I can't be bothered loading pictures up and I don't have the full array away to make you truly sick, but....Our Lottie is feeding us so well these days!! Loads of beans (Runner, French) Peas ( sweet garden variety and Mangetout) potatoes galore, beetroot and carrots and kale and chard, squashes growing, leeks looking good oh, the list goes on and on and on and on.....

Here's 1 pic.


Forgive me my boast, it hasn't been the greatest of days. Hope you too are reaping the rewards of all your hard work, sometimes, in the Winter, it can all seem too much hassle and then this! Plus I hope your weather is better than ours, it just rains here all the time and that, coupled with a water pipe leak right by our plot is driving me bonkers. Anyway there is some of that fabled blue sky outside tonight so maybe things have the ability to perk up. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Carrie. You are not the only one boasting... me too. Showing off a rare harvest, of chilies and papayas. We are equal then.

    Cheers
    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if I had yummy exotic produce like you I'd be yelling from the roof tops. Papaya, even the word itself is lovely....
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x